No Audio Sound

KESTEP8199
  • 2002 NISSAN MAXIMA
Electrical problem 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 132000 miles

Power comes on but no sound coming from speakers
Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 2:11 PM

KEN

It sounds like a fuse has gone out because there are three that run the system. Here are some 3 radio wiring diagrams so you can see which fuses that are. I will include the fuse box diagrams as well and a guide to show you how to do the testing.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and to make sure each component it getting power and ground

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Do you have a Bose system? If so, the sound signal level from the radio is not yet amplified. In my Bose, the speaker amp is located at the bottom of the rear dash in the trunk. I think it has a separate power fuse.

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 AT 2:39 PM
DA1812
  • 2002 NISSAN MAXIMA
2002 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl 75000 miles

pennies were put in tape deck. It smoked a little & sound went out. Coins were removed, I get light indicating the stations and cd will play but no sound. Is this only a blown fuse, fussed circuit, or blown system all together?
-2
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 AT 2:39 PM (Merged)
MHPAUTOS
HI there,

I would say it is toast! Before scrapping it may be get it looked at by a radio tech, you may be lucky.

POKY03
  • 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA
1998 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

i turn on my radio but theres no sound, no matter how high I turn my volume knob I can not hear sound from my speakers
You have one of three problem, the radio, speakers (unlikely) or the speaker connection to the radio.

What you need to do is remove the radio to make sure all connections are plugged in. If they are, I recommend taking the radio to a stereo shop that can check bench test it. Most shops have speakers, a power supply, and can tell you if the radio is bad in under 5 minutes. Also, most don't charge to do it.

In this case, if all connections are attached and tight, I feel the amp in the stereo has gone bad and is no longer supplying a signal to the speakers.

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.

+2