1996 Nissan Maxima Car not starting

MESPURLIN
  • 1996 NISSAN MAXIMA
1996 Nissan Maxima Front Wheel Drive Automatic

The engine turns over but won't start. The fuel filter has been replaced and the fuel pump has been checked. It is in working order.

There may be an issue with vapor locking - although, everything I find on the internet suggests that this is a temporary if recurring problem.

This is not the case with this car. It simply will not start - it's not that it starts once and drives for a while and then quits for a time.

It was running fine. Someone replaced two spark plugs and now the engine won't start. Wires have been checked and seem to be in correct order and firing. The problem seems to be fuel-related - fuel not making it to the engine.

Can you give some direction as to what the problem may be and how to go about solving it?

Thanks for your help.
Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 10:56 PM

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge to rule out the fuel pump this the sure way to determine if its doing the job-not by just listening to buzzing/humming sound it might be coming on but is it producing pressure fuel pressure?

Also are the injectors pulsing while the engine is crank over-this are the stuffs you should be checking-who knows its not producing spark-check that too-Let me know, what's going on
Monday, October 25th, 2010 AT 5:39 AM