1995 Nissan Maxima Hot and Cold

MRSTHOMBLAN
  • 1995 NISSAN MAXIMA
When I turn on my AC it might blow cold or warm air. If it's blowing warm I have to turn the blower off and then back on several times until it cools off. Once the air is blowing cold, it does not stay that way for very long. I have to flip the switch again to get it blowing cold. What's wrong?
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009 AT 7:42 PM

IMPALASS
Hello -

To better assist you please tell me if your model is a GLE, GXE or SE. Also the engine size in liter and the 8th digit of your VIN.

When it is blowing cold air are you driving, that is the car is moving down the road and then when you come to a stop, then it starts to blow warm air.
Tuesday, March 10th, 2009 AT 8:48 PM
MRSTHOMBLAN
My car is a 1955 Nissan Maxima SE. It has a V6 engine (liter-?), And the 8th digit of my VIN is D.

The car can be moving or sitting still when the change in climate occurs. It can be cool and sitting still or warm and moving, and the only thing that potentially rectifies the promblem is switching the blower off and on (sometimes several times over).
Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 AT 9:48 AM
IMPALASS
Hello -

Thanks for the info and getting back with me.

You can find out the liter of the engine by looking under the hood and it should be on a decal on the bottom of the hood, in front of the radiator etc.

Next, with the hood up, please make sure the AC/heater is off, fan and all and the engine is cool.

Locate the radiator cooling fan.

Next start the car and see if the radiator cooling fan is turning. You don't want it to be. Then turn on the AC, high cool and then look at the radiator cooling fan. Is it spinning.

Please let me know.
Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 AT 5:48 PM
IMPALASS
Hello -

Also, it looks like you may have some recalls on your vehicle. The dealer may fix these for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on these to see if they apply to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Recalls_11.jpg

Sunday, March 15th, 2009 AT 10:13 PM