KNOCK SENSOR

Nissan Frontier

rob e

October, 22, 2007 AT 8:21 PM

I need to replace the knock sensor on a 2000 nissan frontrier 6 cyl, I found the sensor for about $148 if you know how I could get it cheaper I would greatly appreciate it.

if you could give me an idea how much it will cost to replace the sensor, im not real mechanically inclined but I may be willing to replace it my self if you can provide me with any info to help me.

thank you

rob

blackop555

October, 22, 2007 AT 8:57 PM

Yes I would try a salvage yard to find the part or local junk y ard you can find them dirt cheap.

Tremor14

October, 17, 2009 AT 2:12 PM

Junk yard is a great place to find parts, but I wouldn't reccomend replacement parts that deal with the engine componants that are questionable unless you know what to look for.

If you do get one from a Junk yard make sure to test it prior to installing it. Chiltons manual says that if you run a Ohm reader set at 1k, and test the positive to ground on the sensor should get a reading of 100k to 600k for a good one.

I recently picked up a knock sensor for a Nissan Frontier at Pep boys for $117.00, so they are a good place to go to get parts. Now if you want them to replace it be prepared to shell out $400.00 and wait for about 4 hours. They have to remove the intake manifold to get to the sensor.

Hope this helps ya.
(I'm looking at tackling this job myself at an auto hobby shop.)