2002 Nissan Frontier AC not blowing cold air.

HAYNOSITY
  • 2002 NISSAN FRONTIER
My truck quit blowing cold air a couple of weeks ago. The compressor is still engaging and the system is holding a vacuum @ 30psi. I recharged the system and it was ok for a day, then the same symptoms, compressor still working but no cold air. I rechecked the system and both the low and high sides are reading around 60 psi with it static and running. I used a snooper and did not find any evidence of a leak. I do hear a noise coming from the evaporator area that sounds like a faucet that is turn on low. My next thought is that maybe the expansion valve is stuck shut or the accumulator is bad. Any help on this would be great thanks in advance.
Thursday, June 11th, 2009 AT 2:53 PM

DOCFIXIT
You have equalized readings the compressor is shot
Thursday, June 11th, 2009 AT 3:12 PM
HAYNOSITY
Whats throwing me off is that the ac will work when you charge it for about a day and there are no leaks to be found. Its done this to me twice.
Thursday, June 11th, 2009 AT 5:35 PM
DOCFIXIT
Any blockage in system would give really low side readings and highere high side readings. 60 psi static and comp running indicates no compression occuring.
After evac and charge was oil added to system?
Friday, June 12th, 2009 AT 2:00 PM