1999 NISSAN FRONTIER FUEL SYSTEM

• sloverboy
  • 1999 Nissan Frontier

1999 Nissan Frontier 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 175000 miles

I have a 1999 nissan frontier. I recently had the fuel pressure regulator fixed by an autotech company. Yesterday, I started it and was letting it warm up, after about 3 minutes it died. It kinda felt like it ran out of fuel or wasnt getting any fuel. I tried to start it and it wouldnt start even though it was getting enough juice. I let it sit over night as I had somewhere to be. I started it this morning and it ran again for about 3 minutes and then died again. It seems like its not getting fuel. I listened for the fuel pump and couldnt seem to hear it. I changed the fuel filter and it looked like it was a little dirty fuel. The fuel pump didnt seem to be pumping when I had the downline hose from the tank open and ignition on, it was a slow drain instead of a pumping action. My next step is to see if something electrical like a fuel system relay or circuit or something isnt working. Is their a fuel system relay switch or circuit or anything electrical that could be causing this? Or should I just go ahead and replace the pump?

Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 2:58 PM