Car stops running

SINGLE MOM
  • NISSAN ALTIMA
My son has a 1994 nissan altima 200.000 miles 4 cylinder. It starting stalling on him 2 weeks ago. It finally stopped and would not restart. Had a couple of guys tell him it was plugs and wires. Replaced them and it would start but missed badly. Then replaced oxygen sensor and maf. Car starts but dies after 10 minutes and will not start again until next day Seems like its getting to hot and has strong gas smell also replace fuel pump 6 months ago. ANY IDEAS WHERE TO GO NEXT? Thnks
Sunday, August 5th, 2007 AT 9:46 PM

Car starts but dies after 10 minutes and will not start again-when this happens immediately pull a plug wire and ground the wire and crank the engine over-Does it have spark-Yes or No. Comeback and tell me then we'll move up a notch.

Yes has spark can start it and drive it for about 4 or five minutes then it dies. Could it be catalytic convertor. Also would it start and run for that length of time if it was out of time. Trying to learn as much as I can

Could be the Cat-k disconnect the exhaust flange at the exhaust manifold hang it to the side and test drive-its going to be loud- the stalling is it still there?

New pump 6mos. Ago could be a manu-defect/s one-do a fuel pressure check with a gauge to confirm whether its up to specs.

Check pump and converter and comeback then will go back to ignition system
Monday, August 6th, 2007 AT 4:14 AM