Airbag light blinking and radio

JERRYMCLAIN
  • NISSAN ALTIMA
Nissan Altima, 1999, 85,000, 4 cy.
Battery died and was replaced by local Firestone shop after a check of the battery/starter/alternator test. Now air bag light contiues to flash and radio does not work. Firestone says the systems serving the battery, etc. Does not work with the air bag and radio, and suggested I drive for a few days to see if the computer will re-set. After a week there was no change and Firestone suggested I go to a dealer. Nissan dealer suggested I unhook the + & - cables to the new battery for 15 minutes to see of it will reset. It did not. Nissan dealer says the radio may need a new fuse, which is located behind the radio and therefore will require complete removal of the radio dash panel. Maybe $100.00 plus. Not sure what was said about the air bag. Will you help?
Tuesday, July 24th, 2007 AT 8:50 AM

JACK42
It would be best if you had the PCM scanned for the airbag code/codes. Did you check all fuses, underhood and in the passenger compartment?
Tuesday, July 24th, 2007 AT 11:20 AM