2006 Nissan Altima

HARMONY_51
  • 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA
When the car is warm the heater blows warm and when you drive it heats up. Then where up come to a stop it cools down
Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 4:21 PM

DRCRANKNWRENCH
Let me know a few things and I will try to help.

To clarify, when you have the heater turned on to the maximum hot setting it is only wam when it is moving?

When you come to a stop and idle, how long does it take before it starts to blow cool air?

Has the car always done this?

I will keep this post in ky list and check for your reply. When you do I will get back to you ASAP.
Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 4:33 PM
HARMONY_51
The air blows hot when driving and when I come to a stop it takes it a couple of sec to start cooling down. It has always done this I think I noticed it last spring
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 5:22 PM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
This is common in both the 4 and 6 cylinders. They both use a full aluminum motor which is designed like a motorcycle motor. Meaning the head, cylinders and the crankcase can be seperated from each other. This gives the motor a very open design and large surface area for cooling. The good side of ot is a very light engine for its displacement. The 4 cylinder is as big and powerful as a lot of 6 cylinders available.
So, you are not alone.
When I had a 3.54 Altima I used to go to www. Altimas. Net I am not sure if the name is the same, but I am sure a google search will get yopu there. It is a good site that has a great deal of members and constant traffic.
It will further set your mind at ease to see that you are not the only Altima owner who is cold at stop lights.
Take care
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 6:39 PM
BUDDYCRAIGG
I most likely have a fix for you but I'm having a problem posting pictures tonight.

go to this old question that I answered.
http://www.2carpros.com/questions/nissan-altima-2003-nissan-altima-loses-heat-at-idle-inside-the-car
Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 AT 5:17 AM