V6 120K MILES, NEED NEW ENGINE?!

2003 Nissan Altima

dschylling

April, 24, 2007 AT 6:54 AM

6 hours into a 9 hour road trip, all lights on dash flash on, I lost power steering and coasted to a stop on the shoulder of the highway. Turned off car and it would not restart. The cat convert had been diagnosed as needing replacement 10k miles earlier, but I was not due for an emission inspection for 8 months so I was going to wait on that expensive repair. The nissan tech has told me it was really low on oil, however I had the oil changed 5 days and 1200 miles prior at a j lube. Could they have done something wrong? The nissan tech also had told me there is fuel in the oil. Nissan is trying to sell me a new motor now. Is this accurate? Would a bad motor led to the complete breakdown I experienced? I had also just refueled. Could I have gotten some bad fuel? Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.

April, 24, 2007 AT 5:43 PM

Drain the oil and check the timing belt/chain and then comeback or a give me a PM cuz its gonna be a long one. I hope you got a printer.

dschylling

April, 27, 2007 AT 2:27 PM

The nissan tech said the oil was really oil and that there was fuel in the oil. They performed an oil change before they did any more diagnosing.

April, 27, 2007 AT 3:48 PM

So what is it doing now? Will it start

dschylling

May, 1, 2007 AT 7:46 PM

Yes it does start. They had to replace the battery (which is maybe why it died on me in the first place). They also had to change the oil because they said it was really dirty and really low.

May, 1, 2007 AT 10:36 PM

Is it still leaking fuel into the crankcase?

kin chan

June, 10, 2007 AT 6:07 PM

RAS.I DON'T MEAN TO STEP ON UR TOE AGAIN. But I know the answer for hanging around the nissan parts dept too long. All 00' up nissan had terrible design on cat. Substrate crapped out and fall off. Causing oil consumption. Then trashed the motor. At the best when a cat goin out.O2 give false reading. Dilute the oil --> loss compression.L
let me be the bad guy here.
It is imperative to assume resposibility. If ur tech advice to replace a certain part. Chk and verify his opinion. If it is true. Either don't drive or fix it. Any other action due to personal reason when it cause more damage. Try to reason with ur car and see if it heal itself back.

June, 10, 2007 AT 11:32 PM

Kc-this thread is too old-why are you responding to it, you need to jump on something fresh. I like the fresh ones-who won't.

RAS.I DON'T MEAN TO STEP ON UR TOE AGAIN. You haven't because if you do and it hurts you won't hear the last of it.I've been thinking about Integrity-go ride em cowboy I'll see in the rebound.

June, 11, 2007 AT 12:03 AM

[quote=" rasmataz" ]

Kc-this thread is too old-why are you responding to it, you need to jump on something fresh. I like the fresh ones-don't you. Catch you later heehaw!

kin chan

June, 11, 2007 AT 1:41 AM

Hey raz. Ur real job is professional hispanic house cleaner(hint from ur pix) and ur hobby is answering tech question. Am I right?
Heh heh heh
just kidding man.
I pick the questions usually a lot of review and answers which mean not everyday service writer routine stuff and also trying to expose bad shop that committ borderline fraudulent deceptive trade ripping people off.
Let u know 1 secret man.I am the uncle of jackie chan the kung fu movie star which also the real identity of chinese 007 infiltrating the internet whom disguise as an internet mechanic to catch terrorist.
Heeeeee. Hawwwwwwwwwww

June, 11, 2007 AT 1:57 AM

Okay Lee Wang Fu I got your message

You are one crazy cowboy-

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape