MIL on. Give us the code numbers. Don't have them? Go to the nearest Autozone and have them scan the ECM.
March, 9, 2009 AT 6:51 AM
The code is P1400 per Autozone, EGRC solenoid Valve?
March, 9, 2009 AT 7:42 AM
1. Disconnect the solenoid valve electrical harness and vacuum lines.
2. Air should pass between Ports A and B freely.
3. Apply battery voltage and ground to the solenoid terminals.
4. Air should NOT pass through Ports A and B freely.
5. Air should now pass through Ports A and C freely.
Discard the valve if it does not respond as indicated.
If the valve does responds as indicated then check for problems in the power and ground circuits to the valve.
BTW, this is a dealer part only.
March, 9, 2009 AT 12:27 PM
What do you use for air flow? Do this with the engine running? Use an external power source of 12Volts?
March, 10, 2009 AT 8:03 PM
Use engine vacuum when the engine is running. You can use jumper wires from the fuse block, not from the battery directly.