1999 NISSAN ALTIMA OVERHEATING

• Del Monte
  • 1999 Nissan Altima

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 99 Altima. Was driving one day and the belt broke. When the belt broke it also broke the alternator pulley and idler pulley. I replace both belts, the alternator and the idler pullet. I took it for a test drive and the car overheated, and the Radiator busted. I also notice the sensor near the alternator on on the upper radiator hose was broken. So I replaced it. Then I put everything back and started the car and noticed smoke coming from the top of the engine and near the header. The fans also came on after 15 mins. So I replaced the thermostat. Still the same. I tried flushing the coolant from the radiator and try to bleed it. Still the same. I am not sure what to do next. What else could be wrong? Please help.

Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 12:27 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

Often I does not take much to blow a head gasket, I would be getting a Co check done, this is a simple chemical test in the radiator, it will detect any Co build up in the cooling system, if so you will have a head gasket problem.

Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 2:55 AM