1998 Nissan Altima injectors

LUMELINO2001
  • 1998 NISSAN ALTIMA
Hi good morning can you tell me what controle the injector pulse on this model
Tuesday, August 4th, 2009 AT 8:55 AM

STEVEW84
The computer controls the ground side of the injector and fuse 21(10amp) is the power side. They are probably using the cam sensor to time them when to fire them. Is there a problem you are having?
Tuesday, August 4th, 2009 AT 11:47 AM
LUMELINO2001
I am having the positive to the injectors but the negative from the computer is not there I replace the distributor and the problem is there I dont think is the computer but in the aldata it mension a injector resistor but I cant find it can u advise me please?
Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 3:28 PM
CRYSTAL708
What kind of problem are you having? Is the car not starting, but turning over?
Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 3:32 PM
LUMELINO2001
Yes cranking but not starting by it self but if I spray carburator spray in to the intake it starts
+1
Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 4:08 PM
STEVEW84
When you put your key in the ignition and turn the key on does your security light go off or does it keep blinking or stay on?
Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 4:36 PM
LUMELINO2001
It stays on
Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 4:54 PM
STEVEW84
Even if you crank the car does it still stay on?
Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 9:23 PM
STEVEW84
Well, either way it sounds like you have a security issue. Your going to have to take it to the either 1)a shop that has an OE tool or 2)the dealer.
Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 10:34 PM
LUMELINO2001
I have a guy with a X431 what do u recomend?
Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 5:15 AM
STEVEW84
The LaunchX431 tool is not that bad from what I've heard. I've used it a couple times(maninly for Euro cars), but not Nissan immobolizer. Wouldn't hurt to try I guess. The Consult II is what you really need.
Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 9:42 AM
STEVEW84
I'm kind of curious if you pulled any codes or if you lost a key and the one you got is not coded to the immobilizer.
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 10:05 AM
LUMELINO2001
No I did not lose a key. This is not a coded key on this model. The strage thing on this for me is the security system on this vehicle would normally dissable the starting motor. But you made me realse that the security light should come off when the ignition is turn on but but it stays on thats why I dint think it was a security problem. I will put the X431 on it this afternoon and check it and no I didnt get any code. And the x431 is actually very good on nissans I personally beleive it can do any thing the consult 2 can do only last week I program a 2003 pathfinder key with out any problem. Thank you for your assistant any way and I apreciate your help and soon I as I can get this one sorted out I will sure make a donation. If u have any other ideas sure will love to hear.

Regards Andre.
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 1:23 PM
LUMELINO2001
Hi good morning I put the scan tool on and there is no code there isnt a option the do any thing with the security system with the scan tool but I follow the manual instruction the security light is still on when the ignition is on and even when u crank the engine.
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 AT 6:29 AM
STEVEW84
Well, then I would be scoping some patterns now. As long as you have everything else(spark, fuel pressure, and compression) but you don't have fuel inj. Operation there are some things I would be looking at. Nissan's mainly need 3 things to trigger the fuel injectors. They need a good distributor signal, must pass immbolizer, and it has to see crank input. Fuse #26 is supposed to send a signal to ECM when the vehicle is cranking. Make sure that is getting power. If you are getting spark, then I am assuming that your distributor is good. And if you don't have immobolizer then that should be ok. BTW, does your key have a blue do on the bottom of the head of it? If all of that is ok, then I would scope the cam and crank sensor.
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 AT 7:17 AM