1993 NISSAN ALTIMA WHERE IS THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR?

• npoff
  • 1993 Nissan Altima

1993 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I need to replace the crankshaft position sensor on my 1993 nissan altima. Can't find it to save my life. My haynes manual shows it on the front of the transmission right below the distributor. Not there! Someone else told me to follow the wire coming out of the front of the distributor. That wire is bundled together with about four other wires. Can anybody just tell me exactly where to find this sensor?

Friday, February 20th, 2009 AT 5:22 PM

• bluelightnin6

The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor is located on the transmission/transaxle housing, facing the gear teeth of the flywheel/flexplate.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

+1
Saturday, February 21st, 2009 AT 12:20 AM
  • npoff

No, it's not. That's exactly where the manual told me to look. Now i've got someone telling me that it's inside the distributor, and someone else telling me this particular year doesn't even have one.

Saturday, February 21st, 2009 AT 8:51 AM
  • bluelightnin6

Sorry about that, was wrong make vehicle. Below is correct vehicle. It IS inside of distributor on the '93 Altima..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_262.jpg

Thanks for using 2CarPros.com!

+1
Saturday, February 21st, 2009 AT 1:24 PM
  • cooperk1982

I am having a similar issue. The parts house sold me a crank sensor but your diagram shows it in the distributor but I have seen a different diagram showing the cam sensor is in the distributor and that is what the parts house is telling me too but I'm like this guy I couldn't find it where it is supposed to be.

Sunday, October 11th, 2015 AT 1:31 PM
  • cooperk1982

I couldn't find the crank sensor on the back side where it is supposed to be is what I meant to say.

Sunday, October 11th, 2015 AT 1:33 PM