1990 Nissan 300ZX 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 170000 miles
I installed an after market radio in my Z and everything worked fine. Then I tried to install an amplifier for a subwoofer. The wiring was left from the previous owner who had an amplifier, so I did no re-wiring whatsoever. Unfortunately I didn't disconnect the negative cable from the battery before I connected the power (12v) wire running from the amp to the positive terminal of the battery and there was a small spark when I connected that wire.
Now the car wont start; it won't even turn over (crank). There is full power to everything. The radio works, headlamps, windows, everything. Its similar to when when you turn the key on a car that is standard but you haven't pushed the clutch in. Everything is lighting up on the gague cluster just as it normally would.
have the same problem?
Thursday, May 7th, 2009 AT 10:26 AM