My car is making a chirping/tweeting sound

BRITTANY NICOLE
  • 2009 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
My car only makes this sound when I am going slow does not do it when I first start it or first start driving. It is like once it gets warmed up it makes this sound some times it is louder then others. But, very annoying! Just got it back from the mechanic and it is still doing it! Could someone please help me or give me a few ideas of what this could be so I can take it back to the shop to make sure the right thing gets fixed? Thank you in advance! :)
Friday, February 24th, 2017 AT 4:43 AM

STEVE W.
Noises can be just about anything. Some things you can answer/do to help narrow it down.

Does it make the noise every time you drive it?
Does it go away after it has been driven a while?
At what speed is it the loudest?
Do you have to be moving, or will it make the noise setting still?
If you gently apply the brakes while it is making the noise does it change?
If you are going at the speed it makes the noise, what does it do if you stomp the gas pedal quickly?
How about if you are driving and the noise is there and you shift into neutral and let off the gas? Does the sound stay the same or?
If you turn left or right while it is chirping does the sound change?
What if you hit a bump?

The idea of the questions is so you can tell the shop something like - "My car makes this chirp sound at about twenty mph once it's warmed up. If I step on the brakes it does not change, but if I turn to the right it gets louder. If I shift into neutral while it is making the noise it does not change".

That would be very helpful information to the mechanic. For instance, if it is chirping along and you shift into neutral and the sound does not change, it is probably not something like the serpentine belt squeaking. If it changes when you step on the brakes it could be brake or axle related. You can add more information if you think of something as well.
Good Luck.
Friday, February 24th, 2017 AT 6:24 AM