My car will not start, no lights, radio and even power locks doesn't work

LFELTO1025
  • 2003 FORD FOCUS

I have a 2003 ford focus with over 240,000 miles on it. I was having trouble with the car starting, it was making a clicking sound every time I tried to turned the ignition but the radio and lights worked so I was told it was the battery which I replaced. I'll charge battery it will start for a day but next day, nothing. The car worked for 2 weeks then the same thing happen but this time no lights, radio or power locks, windows didn't work so I was told it was alternator. I replaced alternator and the car ran for a day or so but it drained battery so the only way the car run if I kept charging battery every day but doesn't stay running after 2 days.

Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 AT 7:35 PM

Still sounds like you have a charging system problem. Measure the battery voltage with the engine off and with it running. Holler back with those numbers.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 AT 8:20 PM