My Car Shut Off in the middle of the main road.

MICHAELLSJ
  • 1991 TOYOTA COROLLA
"Hello Ma'am/Sir, I have a 1991 Toyota corolla dx automatic sedan. It Cranks But it won't crank over? I check the fuel line it Got gas also at the fuel pump. It suddenly stop engine turned off on the main road."
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 1:43 AM

MICHAELLSJ
Also, I change the car battery & change the circuit opening relay it clicks while I turn the ignition key & check all the fuses are still intact All around. I also Clean the distributor cap & plugs.
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 3:42 AM
KHLOW2008
http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Click above link for more information on how to go about.
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 10:58 AM
MICHAELLSJ
Ok I will check on it 1st in the morning. & Then I will provide a feedback to you. Honestly, you ladies & gentleman(s) are the Pure & Simple Auto Mechanic's That Really Help Out People Alot. Keep it the Great Job. Type/Talk to You In A Few Hours From Now. Thanks Much!
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 12:22 PM
MICHAELLSJ
To: KHLow2008,
I check on the link you gave/type to me & it was legit to check it & experience it out. Also, when I totally took out the timing cover & check the top crank wheel above it didn't move nor rotate when I crank it to see movement? What do I do now? Do I open also to check the lower level of the belt below to see it the timing belt is warp out? & May I kindly know how to do the (TDC) for My Vehicle? Thank you.
Friday, July 12th, 2013 AT 4:28 AM
KHLOW2008
When the top do not move while the crankshaft is being turned, the timing belt is bad. Push at the belt to check for deflection and if it has a lot of slack, the belt has stripped a few tooth.

You would need to remove the crank pulley and lower cover to replace the belt.

Diagram shows the timing marks.
Friday, July 12th, 2013 AT 7:08 AM
MICHAELLSJ
To: KHLow2008,
Ok will do, also I haven't move it fully will take it apart below to checkout the lowerside of the belt. Do I open also to check the lower level of the belt below to see it the timing belt is warp out? Thank You.
Friday, July 12th, 2013 AT 8:11 PM
KHLOW2008
Yes, you would have to do that.
Saturday, July 13th, 2013 AT 1:09 PM
MICHAELLSJ
To: KHLow2008,
If I don't have a Adjustable Wrench On Me?
Is it Possible to Turn the Gear Wheel on Top that Holds the Timing Belt With A Socket Wrench? To (TDC) it? With The Diagram You Send to Me?

Thank You!
07/19/2013
10pm gmt
Friday, July 19th, 2013 AT 5:21 AM
KHLOW2008
Yes, you can use the bolt holding the cam sprocket to turn the camshaft. Turn the vrank away from TDC by about 20 degrees first and after getting the camshaft timing correct, turn the crank back to TDC.
Friday, July 19th, 2013 AT 7:31 AM
MICHAELLSJ
To: KHLow2008

Ok sorry about that. My minor mistake was I took out the belt already & didn't check the top cam if it was aligned? I only align the bottom part crankshaft cam with the marker without the belt attached. All the other parts have been detach, Did I make a Error?

07/20/2013
9:30am gmt
Friday, July 19th, 2013 AT 4:28 PM
KHLOW2008
Question closed.
Sunday, July 21st, 2013 AT 2:30 AM