Car just died going down the road

JAYJAYREETHOMAS
  • 2005 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
My car just died the other day going down the road and wouldn't restart. 2 day's later it started right up and went about 0.5 miles and died again.

We got the car back to the shop and the next morning it started right up, we let it run for about 30 min. No problems. We get out and take it on the road and it goes about a half a mile and dies. I got it started back up and back to the shop. We attempt it again and got about a half a mile and it died and wouldn't restart.

we got it back to the shop and it still want start. The fuel pump is working, it's got fire to the module, I cant think of what else to check. Any ideals?
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 3:31 PM

SATURNTECH9
So when it doesn't start you have spark an the correct fuel pressure?Also any codes in the computer?Have you checked for injector pulse while cranking?
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 4:27 PM
FREEMBA
If it is still at the shop, have the technician to check for a spark at the spark plug wires.
Next, he should check the crankshaft sensor (check it while spinning the engine over, using a voltmeter; set on AC [current] and on a low scale because the crank sensor will only generate about 2V-ac, during the test).

He should also remove ONE of the ignition coil packs and connect a testlight to one of the coil pack terminals on the Ignition Control module (ICM) and connect the other end of the test light to a good ground. Spin the engine and the testlight should flash. If not, try the other terminal on the ICM. If neither makes the testlight flash and the crankshaft sensor if good, suspect a faulty ICM.

Please let me know how this goes.
Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 4:32 PM
JAYJAYREETHOMAS
We tested for a spark at the spark plug wires. The way it's acting is like something along the lines of the fuel! But the fuel pump is working, we are going to try the filter next. It will crank over, just want start. After is set's for a day, it doesn't have a problem starting. It's like when you get it out on the road and it goes for just a bit, it dies and sometimes it will restart. But by the end, it doesn't start at all. Will turn over and try, but no luck. What else is there to check along the lines of the fuel, besides the pump and filter?
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 AT 1:03 PM