My 2010 Dodge Avenger R/T Won't start nor Crank.

BSCAVGRT2010
  • 2010 DODGE AVENGER
Everything was fine since I've bought the car UNTIL now! My Avenger won't start nor crank/turn-over. I've called the dealership service department the technician try to disconnect the battery for five minute to see if the system reset itself. No luck. My fob lite-up every time I insert my key into the ignition it's go power cause everything work I've even charge the battery thinking weak battery. I've been reading posting/thread from previous similar problem could this be a starter solenoid and/or starter relay in the TIPM that need replacing or something else like WIN module.
Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 AT 7:20 AM

Is the starter engaging at all? If not, have you checked to see if there is power to the starter when the key is in the start position? If the starter doesn't work, does it make any kind of noise?

Here is a guide that should help you.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start
+1
Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 AT 8:29 AM
BSCAVGRT2010
I've check the starter engaging cause I can hear a double clicking noise under the hood.

By removing the two fuse for 30 sec, key out and reinsert fob and try to start no luck, what I'm thinking that it may be the Alarm System Immobilizer might have something todo with it because I can't start the darn car my transponder/fob work just fine alarming and disarming even opening the trunk for the remote.

I'm even thinking of even getting EVO-ALL with a dodge t-harness to plug-in the Immobilizer to by-pass even comes with an remote start function.

Then I checked the battery and it was weak, I replaced it and it now works great! Thanks 2CarPros you guys are the best.
-1
Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 AT 10:34 PM
KEN
It sounds like the battery is dead, here is a guide on how to test it.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-load-test

Please let us know what you find so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 AT 1:08 PM