CAR WON'T CRANK

Mitsubishi

RUSS123

July, 9, 2007 AT 12:05 PM

1995 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE- 2.0 NON-TURBO 100,000 miles plus

The car has been sitting for about a year and a half. I charged the battery and tried to start it. The starter would crank but the engine turned very slowly. I was getting no spark to the plugs. I ended up burning out the starter so I replaced it. I recharged the battery and tried to start the car again and now the starter doesn't crank at all. I've checked all the fuses and fusible links. I have a good connection at both the battery and the starter. I checked the continuity between the battery cables and the starter and they check good. Someone told me the engine may be partially seized and to squirt a little oil into each cylinder to free it up. I've never heard of that. I don't know what my next move is. Please help. Thanks alot!

JAVA motorsports

July, 11, 2007 AT 11:31 AM

Do you hear any noise when starting the engine? If not then your starter is not getting power for some reason. If you can hear a click and feel the engine jump a little when you are hittiing the switch then you have a locked up motor.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006