1999 MITSUBISHI MONTERO WHITE SMOKE

• alimoreno
  • 1999 Mitsubishi Montero

1999 Mitsubishi Montero 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

i got the car about 3-4 weeks ago and the original owner said he had a small leak- I had a friend look at it and he told me the valve cover gasket needed to be replaced but it was small- I wasnt able to do it right way- id been driving it with no problem UNTIL I noticed some smoke after driving about 5 miles on the freeway- I drove about another 5 miles to park it and when we checked the car we noticed the oil had leaved and was burning off- we checked the cars oil it almost had none- I added a quart of oil- after the car cooled I turned it on again no more smoke- I parked it and let it sit from that point on- then added another 4 quarts about 2 days later- the car was only moved once due to parking cicumstances but started up fine and no more smoke- the car was going to go to a shop and when it was driving away I noticed white smoke coming from the tail pipe-

Monday, April 19th, 2010 AT 10:07 AM