MITSUBIS STALLIING, SPUTTERING, ETC.

1988 Mitsubishi Mirage

Punisher333

June, 9, 2009 AT 2:17 AM

1988 Mitsubishi Mirage 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 200000 miles

Whenever I moderately to generously accelerate, my car " hesitates.&Quot; When it does this, I can hold the accelerator to the floor and the car will not accelerate. The engine sounds like it's still trying to perform (sounds muffled), but the RPM's drop rapidly and I can smell fuel. If the accelerator is not depressed soon enough, the car will stall out. After it stalls out, it takes several minutes to start again.

Also, when, for example, on an interstate, I can reach a speed of 70-80 MPH and the car begins to " hesitate" or try to " catch up" with itself; as before, if the accelerator is not depressed soon enough, the speed drastically drops.

I have replaced the spark plugs, the spark plug wires, and the fuel filter. I have used injector/fuel system cleaner in every gas refill for the past month. If it is of any help, my car has a turbo.

Thank you, in advance, very much for your advice.

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8