MITSUBIS ENGINE MISSING, DON'T KNOW

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

guitarist302008

September, 1, 2010 AT 1:24 AM

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 15000 miles

I started out noticing that I had a hesitation at part throttle when in 5th gear, I didn't think much of it, as it happened around 50-60 mph, and it was just slight hesitations. After a while it got much worse, so I switched over to a 3 port solenoid which seemed to help the problem quite a bit. Then one day the idle was SOOO erratic I called a friend of mine. Come to find out the fuel pressure regulator hose had blown off from the higher boost (25-28 psi) We put it back on and zip tied it. It fixed MOST of the problem, but for some reason the car still has a miss. I have cleaned the air filter (green performance) as well as replaced the plugs which are gapped right from mitsubishi and are recommended to not be touched (special OE iridium plugs). I have used injector cleaner which did nothing, and just tonight I did a boost leak test and have found nothing with that either. My idle AFR according to my wideband 02 sensor seems to be right around stoich, which is the reason why I am so puzzled. I do have a SES light on, but I cannot read it with my software and will have to have my friend bring home the code reader from work. I am hopeful it is something simple and that I have overlooked, but any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Engine Miss