MITSUBIS TIMING

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

scottgplumb

October, 6, 2008 AT 9:26 AM

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 97,000 miles

I recently preformed a small rebuild on my 99 Eclipse 2.0 non turbo. Replaced th Piston Rings and rod bearings. I did not do a valve job. I also replaced the timing belt. Upon replacing the T-Belt, I aligned the timing marks as indicated in the repair book. I did this on both the crankshaft and crankshaft. Dual crank. I replaced the belt and raised piston 1. After all done, I cranked the car. It fired right up without any hesitation, but the motor shakes alot. The idleing seems to of course off with the shaking as well. I have not driven it since it was shaking like that. My question is : is this shaking due to the timing not being right? There is no backfiring at all. There are all new wires and plugs as well. I am thinking this is a timing issue, but before I have it towed in nd set I wanted to make sure I knew what was going on.

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet