1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse On Board Diagnostics II (checks not

MSADLER
  • 1998 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
In order to remove the check enginer light from my car to pass California SMOG, I used a diagnotics tool to reset the computer. After driving for over 400 miles in stop/go plus freeway conditions, none of the 5 non-continuous tests have been marked as complete. 2 years ago I was able to reset the computer, and after a week the SMOG went through with 3 of the 5 tests being marked complete. Any suggestions on why the computer has not completed any of these tests?
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 AT 3:09 PM

JACK42
What was the original code that made the light come on? It could be part of the reason why it wont reset the monitors. This could be a control problem or even a bad ECM
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 AT 11:14 AM
MSADLER
The code was P0421 "Warm Up Catalyst"
I was able to pass last time with 3 of 5 tests being complete (obviously not the cat test), but this go around I haven't been able to complete any of the tests. Any suggestions?
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 AT 4:00 PM