1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse No spark to the plugs

MCCABEY
  • 1995 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
The plugs are not firing. The coil pack tested fine at Autozone. When I checked it at home with a voltmeter it showed power going into the coil pack but none coming out of it. Autozone also ran a diagnostic on the car itself, and no error codes were found. I swapped the modules around to see if that was the problem, but it wasn't. I replaced a frayed negative cable as well, but it didn't solve the problem. Will a faulty crankshaft position sensor show an error code? And how would I know if the timing belt had slipped? These seem to be the major troubleshooters across the web for my car's problem.
Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 AT 9:15 AM

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer

T/belt -put the engine no.1 piston on compression/TDC the timig marks on the crank pulley/timimg scale should be real close to 0/TDC
Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 AT 10:27 AM