1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hard to start when engine is warm

OPTION825
  • 1995 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
My '95 eclipse is difficult to start when I've driven it and the engine is at normal opperating temp. For example, if I stop at a store for a few minutes, or any length of time beyond, when I try to start the engine, it generally takes 3 attempts to start (turn it over for a few seconds, stop, turn it over, stop, turn it over then it starts.) However, if I'm quick enough, it'll start right up. On the flip side, the car generally fires right up when the engine is cold, such as when parked over night.

Possibly related to this is the fact that the fuel pump is quite loud when I first turn the key and allow it to run (at the point when all of your cluster panel lights come on), but before starting the engine.

Any help is very appreciated, as I know that this condition is hard on my alternator, batt, and starter.

Thanks,
Matt
Saturday, September 20th, 2008 AT 2:02 PM

OPTION825
Does anyone with answers frequent this site?
-1
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 AT 7:04 AM