Knock sensor location

RUBENL
  • 1999 MERCURY VILLAGER

Engine Mechanical problem 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160 miles

I just need to know where is located the knock sensor. The book said under the intake manifold, but in the right side or left side.

Monday, April 13th, 2009 AT 1:34 PM

JEFF CUNEO

This gave me nightmares while researching this. The knock sensor is under the manifold and if you fix it by taking apart the engine its a major financial loss. I used the bypass method and cut the wire and attached the new one and bolted it down below the distributor using the tapped open hole there. I uploaded a very detailed video of the fast inexpensive fix. The fix by the way is not "a bogus fix"--the sensor will be fully functional and the install looks good. About $50 total including the parts if you order them. The knock sensor I paid $16.02 was $13 but there was shipping. For those seeing this do not do the repair only based on this post-watch the video. It will come right up with the keywords.

Sunday, June 11th, 2017 AT 8:00 AM
2CARPROS KEN

The sensor is under the intake manifold. Here is a guide that will give you an idea on what you are in for when changing the knock sensor and some diagrams (below) on what it will be like on your car.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-intake-manifold-gasket

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken

Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 AT 11:53 AM
WHARZO
  • 1999 MERCURY VILLAGER

1999 Mercury Villager 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 163, 00 miles

How many knock sersors are in the car and where are located? From internet I have these models and locks differet: Standard knock sensor part # siks107, oe services knock sensor part # w0133-1620810 and ATSUGY/UNISIA/PARAUT KNOCK SENSOR part # w0133-1620810.

Right know the car on repair and and themechanic said that the sensor is located at ignition (part of this assembly)a nd need completed assembly replacement.

At present they are in troublesshooting.
Please help on this.

Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 AT 11:54 AM (Merged)
JEFF CUNEO

Im replying to several threads on this because that sketch from a manual IS GARBAGE. It is causing nightmares around the world. The knock sensor is under the manifold and a huge loss to replace it by a mechanic. I replaced mine by using the bypass method which I uploaded a good video to youtube there now and already being done by people. (I do not advertise and gain nothing from the videos I do them as a service to the community). I will upload a video today using the above manual sketch as to what garbage it is ITS AN ERROR. Please do not use this reply to do the fix--watch the video with all parts and how to modify the plug in which cannot be purchased. The fix is not bogus--its an acceptable fix with knock sensor being fully functional. Attaching a few photos. Keep in mind that I cannot know for sure your vehicle but if its a 99-2002 mercury villager with 3.3 THIS FIX IS GOOD AS GOLD. I just did it and the code went out and so did the other extraneous codes. "Throttle position sensor--cam position sensor" etc also for this fix there is bad info online saying that tapped hole is 5/16-18 it isnt. The is fix by the way is not my invention--I only improved on a known fix by weeding out errors.

Related Knock Sensor Location Content

Recommended guides