SHAKING, NOT MUCH POWER AS BEFORE.

Mercury Sable

Mapacha

February, 19, 2007 AT 12:44 AM

2000 Mercury Sable, V6 DOHC - Mileage: 99000 miles. My check engine light came on after I floored my car. It flashes after about 15 seconds (about when I start to drive it asfter starting it) I dont know what to do. It is shaking now through the engine, I think, and it sounds a little different. Less power too. The idle is perfect, but when I pull away there is shaking, and it gets less and less the faster I go. The check engine light also flashes. I never had this problem and I didnt hear much noise, because my tires were spinning. I know I shouldnt beat on my car, but I did it a few times before and it was fine. I checked for any leaks and I checked the iold. There were no leaks, oil was fine, and there wasnt a coolant problem - temperature was normal for engine. PLEASE help me. I need some idea of what it might be. I will be getting it tested on the computer soon. Thank you for your time. Best regards. Jared

CHEVYII

February, 19, 2007 AT 6:14 AM

Well you have the right idea getting it checked, the check engine light flashing could be almost anything, most likely though would be 02 sensor or a random misfire, when you get it checked let us know

thanks
jim