Heater

JDDUNCAN
  • MERCURY SABLE
1997 Mecury sable gs Automatic transmission 160000 miles 3.0 v6 I'm having problems with my heat. Heater core seams to flowing properly, thermostat is good, blendoor seems to operate properly. Although I cannot see the acual blendoor it seems to accuate when I turn from hot to cold. My heat will start out warm but cool off quickly, expecially in freezing weather. I have little to no money and two childeren. I have to fix this before winter. I've tried flushing the heater core several times and it will flow back and forth freeley with bypass hose clamped off. Please help me Jerry
Thursday, October 11th, 2007 AT 9:10 PM

SERVICE WRITER
When you aren't getting heat, are both heater core inlet and outlet lines hot? IF the outlet is not hot but inlet is, the heater core is plugged.
There was a redesign of the heater core hoses that ford came out with and also a rediesigned water pump.

If you replace the water pump use a new one. Is this a gaurentee. No. But I have come across this and pump looked fine, but it took care of the problem.
Friday, October 12th, 2007 AT 6:18 AM