Dear sirs, I have a 99 sable that is draining the battery overnight. If I dissconnect the negative cable from the battery and connect an ammeter the fuse blows in the meter. MI have 12 volts between the neg. Post and the cable with everything off and key out of the ignition. The battery comes up fast on a charger and the car starts fine with alternator charging 14volts. I disconnected the positive cable that goes to the fuse box under the hood and the voltage drops to.35 volts with only the positive lead connected to the starter solenoid. If I reconnect the pos. Cable to the fuse box and pull all fuses and relays one at a time the voltage draw remains 12 volts.
have the same problem?
Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 AT 11:47 AM