95 Mercury Mystique GS


Hi I have a 1995 mercury mystique gs it has 176,000 miles on it. I was driving home on the pa turnpike the one day and I was accelerating up to speed and I heard a loud bang and my car died. My car would not start after that. I pulled out the spark plugs and the number 2 cylinder sparkplug the arm on the sparkplug was compressed on to the electrode. I bent the sparkplug back into the correct gapping but after that my motor has had a knock in it ever since that incedent. I can hear the knocking more from the bottom of the motor but everyday it keeps getting louder and im afraid it isnt much longer for it to die completely. If you could help me to understand what the problem is please do so.

Do you
have the same problem?
Wednesday, August 30th, 2006 AT 1:10 PM

0 Replies

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides