2000 Mercury Marquis car farts from the rear

2000MARQUIS
  • 2000 MERCURY MARQUIS
My car has this farting noise from the rear it used to happen 3 months ago mostly at idle and then disaapeared. Now it is back again it happnes like every 30 seconds when I am driving and then might quit for some time or even for a few days and then back again. The sound is from the rear. The car runs just fine I have not noticed anything unusual in its performance IT RUNS JUST LIKE A BUTTERFLY. However sometimes when it does fart as I am stopped at stop light with the TRANSMISSION IN D I felt like the engine revved a little bit OR JERKED VERY LIGHTLY (my odometer is DIGITAL) suddenly just like if I depressed the accelerator pedal slightly. THE FARTING NOISE DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY DAY. IT HAPPENS LIKE ONE DAY AND QUIT FOR ANOTHER DAY.

2000 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS LS HPP (DUAL EXHAUST)
Thursday, January 15th, 2009 AT 9:14 AM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello
Thanks for the donation.

It sounds like your vehicle has a slight misfire issue. This usually occurs when it is past due for a complete tune up. When was the last time you inspected/changed your plugs, wires, fluids, filters etc.? Most common cause is worn plugs and wires. Also dirty fuel injectors and clogged fuel filter causes this as well.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
Friday, January 16th, 2009 AT 12:54 AM