1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the 2 upper steering column cover screws and remove the cover.
It is not necessary to remove the steering wheel for this procedure.
3. Remove the 3 lower steering column cover retaining screws and remove the cover.
4. Disconnect the electrical harness connector at the ignition switch.
5. Depress the locking tabs and remove the ignition switch.
1. Place the new ignition switch into position and push into place making sure that the switch is held securely.
2. Reconnect the electrical harness connector to the ignition switch.
3. Reinstall the lower steering column cover and its retaining screws.
4. Reinstall the upper steering column cover and its retaining screws.
5. Reconnect the negative battery cable.
6. Check for proper ignition switch operation.
Sunday, April 11th, 2010 AT 7:10 PM