1999 Mercury Cougar Crank no start

SIXSPEEDDEATH
  • 1999 MERCURY COUGAR
Engine problem
1999 Mercury Cougar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic? Miles

Okay I am attempting to repair a friends Cougar, I Have the following info regarding this Crank No start.
1- Spark IS present durring cranking
2- using Snap-On "Red Brick" there IS an RPM signal durring cranking
3- swapping fuel pump relay with Low beam relay does not resume starting ability no ECU relay with fuel pump (same part numbers fortunately)
4- All fuses have B+ and there is no Voltage drop across the fuses
5- The fuel guage reads 48% using the "Red Brick", however to eliminate the possibility of defective fuel sensors I added about 1/2 gallon of gas (all that was in our gas can)

my question is where would I measure for fuel rail pressure, and is only 1/2 gallon good enough in case the engine was indeed run to empty? Does Ford supply any Wiring schematics online? And if there is no firing of the injectors, does Ford cut out the injectors for anti-theft? Any help Would be MUCH appreciated.
Saturday, January 12th, 2008 AT 10:23 PM

Try looking for a fuel pressure tap on the fuel rail if non tap in at the filter side.

Try feeding it with carb cleaner thru the throttle body-it should fire and dies out

Have you checked the fuel cut off switch
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 4:59 AM
SIXSPEEDDEATH
We bought this 99 cougar without a manual, do you know where the fuel cutoff switch is or a good reference source so I can find where it is if you don't?
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 11:10 AM
Its located inside the left kick panel
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 3:29 PM