MY CAR KEEPS DYING AND NO ON

1989 Mercedes Benz

chanmo

July, 21, 2008 AT 7:56 AM

1989 Other Mercedes Benz Models 6 cyl Automatic 140000 miles

So I bought an 89 300e 2.6 a coupla of months ago and I really like the car except one thing. The abs light will come on. And when it does this the car shakes. Its not as noticible when im driving, but if Im at a light or something I notice it quite a bit. But its not the shaking that concerns me. Its the fact that when it does this it has a tendency to die.
Sometimes itll die while im driving it. The radio and lights arent affected. The car just doesnt want to go. Ive taken the car in two times now and left it with the mechanic for several days. The first time they said it " fixed itself somehow" that maybe they tightened something while they were looking for the problem. So I took it home.
this last time they had it for four days and decided it was a cracked valve. They fixed that BUT this morning it died on me and woulndt restart for five minutes. I thought maybe someone here might have had a similar problem and could give me some ideas. I even called a different mechanic and he seemed stumped too. It only seems to do this when the abs light is on.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out