CAR CUTS OUT/RACES

1994 Mercedes Benz E250

rennie2112

February, 9, 2009 AT 11:47 AM

1994 Mercedes Benz E250 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

my name is paul reynolds, and my car is driving me mentalI. It drives perfectly until, at random intervllles it sterts to splutter. It then races ahead as if its possesed while spewing plumes of thick black smoke until it cuts out. If left for a few minutes it will start again and either splutter for a bit, belch some smoke ans then run perfectly smoke free, or just straight away run perfectly. Until the next time it happens ! I have had the vacuum switch on the gearbox changed, the fuel filter changed, the erg blanked and air flow butterfly disconnected. Ive had it plugged in and 5 electical faults cleared. Its a sweet car, but one that will drive me to distraction if I cant sort it. I am a taxi driver in dublin, so if you can sort this, and you are ever in dublin, its free taxis all the way/

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out