MECHANIC CHANGED VACUUM LINE FROM TRANSFER CASE TO 2WHEEL/4WHEEL DRIVE

• rosilyn m brown
  • 2000 Chevrolet Blazer

My truck sounds like a wind up siren, mechanic says bladder is stuck between 2wheel and 4wheel. Doesn't make any sense to me because why would my truck want to jump from 2wheel to 4wheel on dry road or for any reason other than my changing it in bad weather? He checked the wheel bearing, said it wasn't that, but when it starts to make the noise, try switching it from 2wheel to 4wheel a couple times. All that results in is a tremendous bang under the truck when the 4wheel tries to engage. He charged me a lot of money for the vacuum hose replacement but problem is NOT resolved. Any suggestions?

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 12:13 PM

• cadieman

Just remove the linkage at the trans and manually click it into 2wd and try that.U only need 4wd off road. Try it to make sure the trans is ok or you can take it back!

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 5:53 PM
  • rosilyn m brown

Thanks for info, will get on it first thing saturday otherwise its going to be sitting in his driveway sunday!

Thursday, September 5th, 2013 AT 9:18 PM
  • cadieman

OK

Wednesday, December 17th, 2014 AT 7:11 AM