MX6

1993 Mazda MX5

carrie waters

My car is a 1993 Mazda Mx6. Someone put my spark plugs in the wrong place and I need to know the firing order so I can get them back in the right place. It is not running well at all with them wrong. It has 160,500 miles on it. Can you please help me? Thank you.

Is it backfiring?

Go here: www. Mx6. Com

Cosmo

Well the engine size would help a bit.

Is it a 2.0L or a 2.5L?

Either way both should have the wire numbers on the dristributo cap ( if it is an oem distributor cap)

Cosmo. Mazda Tech

carrie waters

January, 12, 2007 AT 8:09 AM

Is it backfiring?

Go here: www. Mx6. Com[/quote: 2fe38207ce]
No, its not backfiring

carrie waters

January, 12, 2007 AT 8:10 AM

Its a 2.5. And the numbers ARE on the distributor cap, but not on the spark plugs. Any ideas? Thank you.

January, 13, 2007 AT 5:54 AM

Firewall
1-3-5 S/Plugs

2-4-6 S/plugs
Radiator

Front of engine

Mazda Man, I need help on this same year and type model-I got one with a blown H/gasket-can you provide a shortcuts to get there faster-won't hurt to try your expertolage. Thanks

Jes

Cosmo

Wow.A blown head gasket.

Well there is really no really easy way to do one of those engines. It takes almost as long to do one head as it does two.
The bigest problem is that if the head gasket is blown the head might be warped too. Those engines were not know for taking an 'overheat' too well.

Neither head is easier than the other, but they can be done 'in car' for sure. It will require the removal of the t-belt and the front engine covers that attach to both heads, and the RS ex manifold can kinda be a 'bitch' to get off.

Cosmo. Mazda TEch

January, 14, 2007 AT 4:33 AM

Hey Thanks for the info, I think this one needs a triple by-pass the starter won't even spin the engine-so called hydrolock-don't know the extensive yet. Its been sitting for 2 mos. Thanks! I'll let you guys know.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8