1997 Mazda MPV MPV died and won't start

• 1 POST
  • 1997 MAZDA MPV

1997 Mazda MPV 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 240000 miles

I have a 1997 Mazda MPV that was driving just fine down the road and suddenly the engine just died. It would not start again. When I try to turn the ignition on at first it does nothing then on the second attempt to start the van it will turn over and over and over but not start. We checked the fuel pump and it is working. We tried to jump it, that did not do anything. I ran an OBD II diagnostic on it (Have the hand held machine at home) and there is a few codes that came up. They are PO141(o2 sensor Heater Circuit) and PO725(Engine Speed sensor circuit malfunction) P1345 (Camshaft Position sensor) P1455(Fuel Tank Level Sensor Circuit) and P1743 (Torque Converter Clutch Failed On - TCIL is On)

Could any of these cause my van to turn off while driving down the road? I don't have a lot of money right now and can only replace what caused it to stop. This is my only ride to school and I really need my van to run. Thanks

Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 2:15 PM

• 3 POSTS

What did the problem end up being? This just happened to our 1997 MPV and don't have a lot of money either to fix it. Any ideas would be really appreciated!

Sunday, November 8th, 2009 AT 12:11 PM