2000 MAZDA MILLENIA TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

• raulcandias
  • 2000 Mazda Millenia

2000 Mazda Millenia 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

When I bought the car 2 years ago it shifted hard going into third gear. Finally about 3 months ago I lost third first gear and reverse. I changed the fluid out hoping it would help. About a week later I heard a clunk and from that point have had first, second and reverse but no third and fourth gear. I took it to a mechanic early on and he told me my transmission solenoids were not synching up and said I would have to have a new solenoid pack put in or replace the transmission. After doing some research on the internet and speaking to a few other people a theory about the transmission control module came up, but the first mechanic did hook up a diagnostic tool to my car before coming back with his diagnosis. Please give me your opinion, I am really hoping I do not have to swap out that tranny.

Saturday, August 21st, 2010 AT 11:53 AM