ROUGH IDLE --- 1998 MAZDA 626

• tam
  • 1998 Mazda 626

I have a 1998 Mazda 626 with 124,000 miles that purred like a kitten until 2 months ago. Since then the car has idles rough and the check engine light has come on several times. I had the 02 sensor fixed, the MAF, the air filter changed, the plugs and expensive wires. I have used STP and fuel injection cleasner and nothing has worked. I have service comments from a shop which state: No Codes! Will Start With Intake-Gasket. Please advise if this could possibly be my problem. The price is & 288.00. I cannot afford to fix anything else but the problem.

Monday, January 1st, 2007 AT 9:44 PM

• Bumpysbro

Does the idle issue happen before or after the car warms up? Or is it all the time? Could be a vacuum leak or a temperature sensor malfunction.

Friday, January 5th, 2007 AT 6:52 PM
  • beau123

I'm having the same issues with a 98 626lx at appx the same mileage. Check engine light had come on with an Idle Control Valve error code.

Where you able to fix the issue? If so, was it a vacuum leak?

Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 AT 3:23 PM