WILL NOT START!!!!

1998 Mazda 626

aorazi

I have a 1998 Mazda 626 ES 2.5 Liter and recently the harmonic balancer went, so we got it rebuilt and we put everything back together. Now the car will not start! It sounds like its going to start, but it never actually turns over and starts but you can hear it cranking. I've heard that it could be the Crankshaft position Sensor? Does anyone know? Please help. We have also changed the spark plugs and all that because it was sitting for sometime before we actually got the harmonic balancer fixed.

Cosmo

ALot of time the front crank pulley breaks with age and milage. But they are NOT rebuildable. If it broke abd enough, a piece of the pulley may have hit the crank position sensor and damaged it OR the sensor may have been knocked out of alignment with the reluctor ring on the pulley OR did you put a pulley put on from the same year and engine size?

Cosmo

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang