1998 Mazda 626 Mazda 626 diesel don't start after long runn

A2SISTEMI
  • 1998 MAZDA 626
I have a Mazda 626 2.0tdi dated 1998, over 300.000Km Is an european model
When the engine run for a long time, for example 1-2 hours of highway drive, if I stop it an restart, even within only some seconds, it never start again. The first times it happen, I need to wait 5-10 minutes, now I have to pass a intere night to cool down, and then restart. The only way to start the engine when is hot, is a starter spray (wurth fast start) in the air input (removing air filter). A garage man says that is the tank pump that have a pressure to low. This can be, but I don't understand how can the engine run for hours at 130km/h without problems, and stopping it for a second cause the no start. Any idea?
Thanks a lot
Alberto
Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 AT 4:49 AM

BUZZSAW
I would say the pump is bleeding down or out of time like a distributor in the older cars
Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 AT 3:51 PM
A2SISTEMI
You are speaking about the tank electrical pump (there I suspect) or the high pressure pump?
Alberto
Wednesday, April 30th, 2008 AT 4:29 AM
BUZZSAW
Alberto[/quote:f2e0485a1e]

diesels usually have pumps on the engine not in the tank, ran from the timming chain, in which they need to be timed like a distributor, I am not a masda guy but I though I would try to help
Wednesday, April 30th, 2008 AT 9:50 PM
A2SISTEMI
You are right ! My 626 use only a Denso V5 pump, totally controlled by electronic. I've tested relais and FSOV solenoid and are ok. The spill valve have a resistance value different from service manual, but I'm unable to estabilish if it is damaged.
Friday, May 2nd, 2008 AT 4:52 PM
BUZZSAW
You are right ! My 626 use only a Denso V5 pump, totally controlled by electronic. I've tested relais and FSOV solenoid and are ok. The spill valve have a resistance value different from service manual, but I'm unable to estabilish if it is damaged.[/Quote:334892b71f]

with the miles you got out of it I would say the pump is weak, might want to look into a rebuilt one or go to the junk yard
Saturday, May 3rd, 2008 AT 2:45 AM
RUI RIBEIRO
I have a Mazda whit the same problem. I need to know if you have the solution for the problem?
Sunday, March 8th, 2009 AT 6:52 PM
RUI RIBEIRO
I need help, because here in my country no budy knows the problem, my car don t runn when is warm. I verify everything all sensors but nothing is wrong, I don t understand.
Thanks.
Sunday, March 8th, 2009 AT 7:21 PM
PETER0038
Hi,
From my experience with the 2.0TD engine (98-02), the problem is most likely that some rubber parts have perished which are part of the diesel pump. The diesel pressure is lost so the car doesn't start. A good diesel specialist should sort this out without major expense.
Peter
Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 AT 5:44 PM
RUI RIBEIRO
Hi,
But if we take off the temperature sensor the engine start, I don t understand why.
Here in Portugal there are not a solution and I don t know what doing next. The car only have 153800 KM.
Rui
Wednesday, March 18th, 2009 AT 9:07 PM
YCHAKAROV
Hi there I have the same problem and a workaround but not solution.
I believe that this is connected with the Denso diesel pump.
When I bought the car 1998 2 liter mazda 626 the engine was working on emergency mode. There was a brown wire to a sensor next to the denso pump was cut. I connected the wire and the car had issue to start the engine when is hot.
Then I made a manual switch that I can change when the brown wire is connected once the engine start.
It is not the best way, but since it works I prefer this than Denso repair that is very expensive.
If somebody is interested I can give more details.
+1
Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 AT 9:04 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
What's most likely happening is that the heat of the engine compartment is vaporizing the fuel because the pump pressure is insufficient to keep it liquid.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 12:17 AM