Maintanace Required and Radiator hose bubbling?

LGINUNAS
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD

First, is the Maintenance Required, there is this little square that has three different colors that I know of (white, yellow, and red). Underneath this square says maintenance required, and has went through all of the colors I have mentioned, but also the check engine light is on, so I am wondering why I have two different things telling me what is going on? Does the square and the colors mean the severity of the problem? Second, the radiator hose is bubbling, after I drive the car for a few minutes, I know that my car was overheating, because the thermostat was not opening correctly, and I did a quick fix to it, I just keep it open, could that be why the car is so hot, where it makes the hose bubble, or could it be a slow leak in the radiator? Also if you could help me out with my air conditioner and heater that would be great too! When I turn them both on it blows out air, but does not change from hot or cold? I tried to recharge the air conditioning but I think it has a leak, but my heater does not work either, and I checked most of everything I could think of. Please let me know what I can do to fix my car. Thanks.

Signed,
Leia Ginunas

Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 AT 12:17 AM

WRENCHTECH

You need to ask one question at a time or it gets way too confusing to follow. Now, what question would you like this thread to be for?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 AT 5:50 AM