1998 Lincoln Town Car No Turn Signals

COLEMAK
  • 1998 LINCOLN TOWN CAR
These things don't work with engine running: 1. Turn signals lights and no clicking in car 2. Four way flashers lights no clicking in car 3. Brake lights on the tail lights (The middle light at the bottom of the rear window does lights up when the brake is depressed.)
4. The turn signals were intermittently working before this problem showed up like a few weeks before the problem. I can't remember exactly what it was but the turn signal clicking in the car was slow or fast or different someway. I assumed I had a bad turn signal light.

These things do work: 1. Head lights, tail lights, parking lights 2. All auxillary stuff in the car

What I have looked at: 1. Checked all the fuses, visually pulled them all, under dash and under the hood 2. Cleaned the battery posts 3. Wiggled the turn signal switch around Is there anyway to get a wiring schematic of this car for free?

Your help would be wonderful. I would like to get today back to do something. Thanks, Bill

I received a schematic but there is no way for me to read it. Please send a larger jpg schematic I read in Paint. Thanks Bill
Saturday, June 6th, 2009 AT 1:35 PM

M_H_RITZEL
Here is a diagram of the exterior lights including the signal lights. Sometimes the diagrams don't come out right. If not save it to your pictures then you can enlarge it. What it sounds like is there is a break in the power to the signals. the multi function switch could be bad.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_lincoln_town_car_exterior_lights_1.jpg

Saturday, June 6th, 2009 AT 3:56 PM