1990 Lincoln Town Car Center Link?


Steering problem
1990 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I recently took my car to the shop to have an alignment done. They told me that I needed to replace a few parts before that could happen. I needed to replace:
Idler Arm
Pitman Arm
Left and Right also Inner and Outer Tie Rod Ends

While I was removing these parts, I noticed that the shaft that the Idler Arm slides onto was all torn apart.

My main question is - What is the name of the part that I'm pointing to in the picture? I've looked in a Haynes manual and they call it a "Center Link." However, after going to parts stores, dealerships and salvage yards, nobody recognizes this name! I've been to car-parts.com as well and "center link" is not a part on the drop-down list.

Can anybody give me any advice about this part? It's the ONE part holding me back from driving my car.

Thanks very much in advance!



Do you
have the same problem?
Friday, May 1st, 2009 AT 2:50 PM

0 Replies

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides