1986 Lincoln Town Car staling

RANDG
  • 1986 LINCOLN TOWN CAR
I had my car stal on me sunday, all I could get it to do was crank over but not fire. I let it set for a couple days and it started, but then it did the same thing about 2 1/2 miles down the road. Again it started the next day. I tested the alt, starter, and the Ignition module and they all tested out fine. The Staiter is fairly new, so I don't think that is the problem. Do you have any other ideas what maybe the cause?
Friday, July 16th, 2010 AT 3:14 PM

If it refuses to start don't wait for nothing- do below to find out if its fuel or spark problem that's causing it not to start-something has to give.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Friday, July 16th, 2010 AT 11:31 PM