2000 Lincoln LS Engine runs for a short while then dies.

• 1 POST
  • 2000 LINCOLN LS

2000 Lincoln LS V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

Recently I have had problems starting my car. I started earlier this winter when the temperature began to drop. My first assumption was that it was the battery or alternator, however, I have had the electrical systems tested, and it does not seem like that is the problem. I have not used the car for about a month now, and when I went back to try and start it, it now starts on the first crank, but the engine dies after just a few seconds. After that happens, it will not start at all. I am thinking maybe a clog in the fuel line or fuel filter, basically something with the fuel. Does anyone have any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else?

Sunday, March 15th, 2009 AT 11:53 AM

• 101 POSTS

Get a little starting fluid in intake - a good shot will tell if fuel is problem or not. Yeah, it happens a lot - usually when it does this it'll only start a couple times, though (fuel pressure/pump), if it'll "start and die" all day long I'd suspect electrical or ignition problems, and with "security" and computers - it could be both fuel AND ignition in-operative.

Sunday, March 15th, 2009 AT 12:31 PM